Monday, October 16, 2006

Sunday Shuffle #8: Always the last to know thyself.

NOTE TO SELF: "Publish Post", not "Save As Draft".


The Killers - All These Things That I've Done
. I've got soul but I'm not a soldier. I've got soul but I'm not a soldier. Those are truly, truly apalling lyrics, but somehow it works quite well as a singalong anthem anyway, really, doesn't it? Still, it's most definitely not one of their best.

Belle And Sebastian - Act Of The Apostle. You know what, I haven't listened to The Life Pursuit near as much as I should. I don't know, the times I have, it's never really struck much of a chord like If You're Feeling Sinister or Dear Castrophe Waitress do on, like, every single track. This song is nice enough, but it doesn't have, you know, it.

But maybe it would if I listened to it a few billion times, which is about how long it took for R.E.M. - Aftermath to leave even the slightest impression on my brain. I actually kind of love it now, but man it takes a lot of work to remember even WHILE you're listening to it. Even given the lack of particularly single-worthy tracks on Around The Sun I cannot believe anyone would choose this one. They totally deserved to miss the top 40, really.

The Cure - Love Song. Wow, so, this is one of those songs that has a whole lot of personal importance, you know? For months, I just could not listen to it without crying. Still feel a small part of that to this day. But anyway, it really is total perfection in it's simplicity. However far away, I will always love you. However long I stay, I will always love you. Whatever words I say, I will always love you. What more could you reasonably need?

Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger. So much better than Wonderwall.

My Chemical Romance - Welcome To The Black Parade. HAHAHAHA! Hmm. I'll tell you later.

South - Broken Head I. Interesting. A minute or so of funky instrumentalism. I like it. I'm being pretty brief here, aren't I? It's not my fault, yo.

Marillion - Goodbye To All That (Live). So, the regular album version is one of their many over 10 minute songs, but since the live album puts the constituent parts of the song as separate tracks, this is only 40 seconds. and it actually cuts off in the middle of a line. Heh.

Arctic Monkeys - From The Ritz To The Rubble. I'm really having trouble coming up with anything to actually say about this. Any of their other songs, I'm sure I'd have no problem, I'm telling you. I don't know what the hell. Uh, so... I like the way the... music... rumble dumble... sports team?

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Cabron. Hee hee! Let's keep the moon awake and do electric boogaloo. ELECTRIC BOOGALOO. What more needs to be said?

And finally, Catatonia - Strange Glue. So, have I mentioned that Cerys Matthews totally has the most amazing singing accent ever? Oh, I have? Well, it's still true. Also, wow, this song is really really good. I'd totally forgotten.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger if said...

You missed out that "Strange Glue" = "Iris"!

11:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home